Thursday, August 27, 2009

In Halifax!

Halifax is a lovely place and the people are all really friendly! My dad and I spent the morning just wandering around the harbor looking at all the different ships and shops. Our hotel is about a 10 minute walk from the harbor. Although we couldn’t get very close, we could at least the MV Explorer! Don’t worry Nichole, I’ve already taken quite a few pictures. Along side the Explorer there are two other cruise ships docked. The Caribbean Princess and the Carnival Triumph.
After finding the ship we decided to eat at a small restaurant located inside of the pier. I just ordered a plain turkey sandwich and chips but it was still pretty yummy.

Later we wandered downtown just looking at different shops and possibly a place to eat for dinner. We found a really interesting store called the “Freak Lunchbox.” It sold all types of old fashioned novelty/joke items and different types of candy including Wonka Bars and Gummy Brains. I bought a delicious chocolate shake and an assortment of chocolate and gummy stuff to hopefully take on the ship.

I board the ship at 8 am tomorrow morning! I'll post about embarkation and ship life tomorrow.

2 comments: