Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Two weeks to go!

Holy crap! It's hard to believe that I leave for my amazing voyage around the world in only two weeks! It doesn't even seem real yet.

I've bought most of the things I plan to take, but I haven't even started trying to shove everything in suitcases yet. How does one pack for enough stuff for four months in only two suitcases? "Packing" for my freshman year of college was a much different experience. My dorm was litterally a 5-7 minute walk from my parents house. Needless to say, I didn't do much "packing" at all.

I'm not sure how much free time I'll have, but I will try to update this blog as much as possible. Students got only 250 minutes (yup, minutes!) of free internet. After that it's 40 cents a minute. Luckily, we do get a free email address to use. Mine should be Arconner@semesteratsea.net

While on my journey, I'll be earning 12 transferable college credits. My classes all look pretty interesting, but we'll see how I feel once I start having to do work haha. I'm taking Global Studies, Multicultural Detective Fiction, History of China I, and History of Jazz.

I'm not used to getting and writing snail mail, but I'd like to ask people if they would send me short letters every now and then. I'm sure I'll go stir crazy if I don't hear from home for four months. When sending mail please mark “MV Explorer – Fall 2009 Voyage” on the first line and “Attn: Participant’s Name” on the second line. The Port Agent’s Address (from the list below) should be written on the subsequent lines. Here is the list of the places I'll be visiting and their addresses.


Cadiz, Spain: Airmail no later than Aug 21st. Arrive Sept 5th.
Perez Y CIA S.L.
C/ Ecuador, 2
11007 Cadiz, SPAIN


Casablanca, Morocco: Airmail no later than Aug 27th. Arrive Sept 10th.
LASRY MAROC S.A.
30 Avenue des Far
20000 Casablanca



Accra, Ghana: Airmail no later than Sept. 8th. Arrive Sept 22nd.
HULL BLYTH
Seatec House / PO Box CO 214
Akosombo Road
TEMA


Cape Town, South Africa: Airmail no later than Sept 19th. Arrive Oct 3.
John T. Rennie & Sons
19th FLOOR
No.1 Thibault Square
8001 Cape Town, SOUTH AFRICA


Port Louis, Mauritius: Airmail no later than Oct 1st. Arrive Oct 15th.
Ireland Blyth Limited Oct 1
Shipping Operations Department
No 6 Dr Ferriere Street
Port Louis, MAURITIUS

Chennai, India: Airmail no later than Oct 9th. Arrive 23rd.
J. M. Baxi & Co.
3rd Floor, Clive Battery Complex
4 & 4A, Rajaji Salai
Chennai 600 001, INDIA


Ho Chi Minh City,Vietnam: Airmail no later than Oct 2oth.Arrive Nov 3.
General Forwarding Agency Oct 20
5th Floor Osic Building
8 Nguyen Hue Avenue
D. 1, Ho Chi Minh City, VIETNAM

Hong Kong/Shanghai , China:Airmail Oct 28th. Arrive Nov 11th.
Inchcape Shipping Services (HK) Ltd.
Units 1802-1805, 18th Floor
N° 3 Lockhart Road
Wanchai, HONG KONG – CHINA

Yokohama/Kobe, Japan: Airmail Nov 6th. Arrive Nov 20th.
INCHCAPE SHIPPING SERVICES
F Asahi Seimei Yokohama Honcho Bldg
36, 4-Chome Honcho, Naka-ku
Yokohama-shi, Kanagawa-ken 231-0005, JAPAN

4 comments:

  1. Very cool!! We'll be writing to ya often!!! :-) Oh and don't say crap when my students can read it....heehee. They love that kind of stuff!!

    I can't believe you're going to be gone for a whole semester, we're going to miss you! BUT, you're going to have an awesome adventure!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow only two weeks till you go! I am so excited for you! You better take pictures "Donia Style" I will expect 20 or so on days your just on the ship 200- 500 per stop! I can't wait to check them out! You are so lucky to be doing this! Have a blast and I will be your follower! So lead me someplace great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you! I can't wait to hear about all your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the mail starts to catch up to you!

    ReplyDelete