Sunday, August 30, 2009

Day 2

Day 2

Last night I attended the activities fair. I didn’t sign up for much though because I’m already doing vicarious voyage. There was not a big variety of activities, but the dean said that many students choose to start clubs. One student is already working on starting an astronomy club. The ship would be a perfect place to see stars!

Today was fairly uneventful. Someone said that people had seen a dolphin today, but it’s probably just a rumor. I woke up at 7:30 to go eat breakfast. It’s true that breakfast is the best meal of the day on the ship. There is almost no variety of food for lunch/dinner. It’s not horrible, but you get sick of it pretty fast. After breakfast I went to the gift shop and bought a few t-shirts, a hoodie, and an SAS blanket. I spent a little more than I had planned, but I think it was worth it. The rocking of the ship has been CRAZY. It’s gotten to the point where things are sliding off our dressers and we have to keep one hand on our plate/drink at dinner so it doesn’t end up on the floor. Luckily, I’m still not seasick! I am however, feeling a little homesick. I’m not used to being away from home for an entire semester. I already miss my family, especially my furry family.

I started two of my classes today: History of Jazz and Multicultural Detective Fiction. I like both of them so far, but there is a ton of reading involved. Tomorrow I start my other two classes: Global Studies and History of Ancient China. We lose another tonight. I’m pretty sure we lose an hour every night until we Spain, in about 5 or 6 days.

Oh! I don’t think I’ve mentioned my ID number yet. I’m number 100. On voyage 100. I should get SOMETHING for that, right? :)

4 comments:

  1. Astronomy would be fun!

    So cool that you're number 100!

    I'm so glad you're not seasick!! Thank goodness for the patch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, cool!! 100 on the 100th voyage has to mean some major good luck or something!!! :-) Yay for no sea sickness!! Your furry family misses you too, especially your furry nephews, and they're driving me crazy!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should probably explain that Vicarious Voyage is a program where you communicate and share information about your trip with a classroom of children; in this case your sister's 4th grade class.

    Whoops, never mind, I did it for you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha!! I read this blog to the kids today and explained what that meant again....they were excited to see that they are a part of the blog too!! :-)

    ReplyDelete